Monday, May 2, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. It is a weekly meme for people who love lists.

This weeks topic is Top Ten Books I'm glad were recommended to me.
These are in no order.

1. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins:
AHHH!!!!!! I don't know if I could love this book anymore. Everyone in the blogging world was raving about how amazing this book is and I went out and bought it, read it in a night, and love it!!!

2. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins:
My friend told me about this series, then gave me the books and said "read."

3. Fablehaven by Brandon Mull:
My sister told me to read this series. This series had me thinking and backrealing the whole time.

4. Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan:
This is another series my sister had me read. I love how utterly bizarre and cheesey this series is. And I'm SUPER EXCITED that they are making the second MOVIE.

5. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater:
This is one that went through my book group of friends. Passed on from one to the other with the orders to read it, love it, pass it on.

6. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White:
This is one of my all time favorite  books. It was one that went around all the blogging would and I HAD to have it. Glad I did. I love it so much, I talked my mom into letting me paint the taser she bought today pink and we are going to call it tasey. Awesome.

7. Harry Potter by JK Rowling:
Right before Goblet of Fire came out, my mom bought the first three books and told me I had to read them (I used to be homeschooled and mom picked out my books). Haha bet she didn't expect them to become a life long obsession for me.

8. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer:
This is another book my sister had me read. She nagged at me till I finally caved and read them.

Okay, well this is all I could really think of at the moment. I'm sure there are more, but these are the ones that stick out the most.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely list. Harry potter, percy jackson, hunger games, love them! Fablehaven was also a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that you painted the taser pink! That is awesome! I also loved Paranormalcy! And Anna! And Harry Potter! :) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you liked Hunger Games, you definitely need to read Divergent. I am doing a Divergent giveaway in May, so I'd love to have you join in. But, even if you don't win it, find a copy.

    Here's my gratitude list: Top Ten Books I'm Happy Were Recommended to Me. I hope you will stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Serious? They are making the second Percy Jackson movie? Gosh I love those books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AM i'm the only earthling that does not care for the Harry Potter and Twilight series? lol, Hopping by to read your top Ten. Happy Reading 2 U.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read all the book on your list but one. Great choices! I'll have to check out Fablehaven.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the Percy Jackson series. I saw the movie first and wasn't really that impressed, but the books were GREAT. Have you gotten into the Kane Chronicles or The Lost Heroes of Olympus series'? They're both excellent so far. Nice list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have seen so many Anna and the French Kiss recommendations. The cover deters me, but I think I need to get over it.

    Check out my list here

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.