Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Spirit Bound


Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead
published by razor bill
$17.99 (hardback)
489 pages

FTC: This is my book and will not be compensated for this review.

What it's about:
After a long and heartbreaking journey to Siberia, Dimitri's birthplace, Rose Hathaway has finally returned to St. Vladimir's--and to her best friend, Lissa Dragomir. It's graduation, and the girls can't wait for their real lives outside of the academy's cold iron gates to finally begin. But even with the intrigue and excitement of court life looming, Rose's heart is still aches for Dimitri. He's out there, somewhere.

She failed to kill him when she had the chance, and now her worst fears are about to come true. Dimitri has tasted her blood, and she knows in her heart that he is hunting her. And if Rose won't join him, he won't rest until he has silenced her...forever.

But Rose can't forget what she learned on her journey--whispers of a magic too impossible and terrifying to comprehend. A magic inextricably tied to Lissa that could hold the answer to all of Rose's prayers but not without devastating consequences. Now Rose will have to decide what--and who--matters most to her. And in the end, is true love really worth the price?

My thoughts:
AHHHHH!!!!!! This is by far one of my all time favorite series.

The characters in this series are truly amazing. They are all so different and have their own personalities. The way they are written, it makes them feel so realistic. I normally have to yell and scream at characters and question why they are doing what they are doing, but not in these books. I trust the characters and am enjoying reading about them. There really are no stupid characters in this book. They are all so incredibly intelligent and it blows my mind.

Before I read the book, I had thought I'd known what was coming and how the last two books in the series was going to play out. I was only sort of right in what I thought was to come and the rest had me going "OH MY GOSH! THAT SO DID NOT HAPPEN!" I didn't see the story plot being anything like this, but I'm glad I was wrong.

I couldn't say this is my favorite book in the series, but I could never pick a favorite either. All the books are incredible and definitely a must read series.

There isn't much else I can say about the book. Richelle Mead is an author that I will read whatever she writes. Her books are amazing and the Vampire Academy series is one that should not be missed.

My rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.