Monday, February 8, 2010

Moon Called by Patricia Briggs


Moon Called by Patricia Briggs
published by Ace books
Genre: Adult paranormal
$7.99 (paperback)

FTC: I am not receiving compensation for reviewing this book.

What it's about from the back of the book:
Werewolves can be dangerous if you get in their way, but they'll leave you alone if you are careful. They are very good at hiding their natures from the human population, but I'm not human. I know them when I meet them, and they know me, too.
Mery Thompson's sexy next-door neighbor is a werewolf.
She's tinkering with a VW bus at her mechanic shop that happens to belong to a vampire.
But then, Mercy Thompson is not exactly normal herself...and her connection to the world of things that go bump in the night is about to gget her into a whole lot of trouble.

My thoughts:

I had tried reading this book once before and couldn't get past the first chapter. It wasn't grabbing my attention. Months later I tried it again and loved it! It is a much different look on werewolves as what is becoming normal. They are dangerous, controlling, territorial and not to mention a little sexiest. That makes them sound horrible, yet the wolves are characters that you can't help but love. It is a very new way of looking at werewolves and I enjoyed every minute of reading about them.

Mercy's character is a pretty cool woman. For not being too powerfull, she holds a lot of control. She knows what she wants and goes for it. For seeing the things that she has seen, she is still very trusting, if not foolish. Her character is very unique because of what she is and this creates a very complicated love triangle that is worthy of creating "team Sam's" or "team Adam's"

While Briggs introduces other creatures besides werewolves, she does not focus on those characters...yet. This first book in the series mostly tried to establish how life is for the werewolves and introduces the other characters such as the fae, witches, and vampires.
It is a very interesting world that Patricia Briggs has created and I look forward to reading the rest in the series.

I'd recommend this series to anyone who is a fan of The Hollows series by Kim Harrison.

My rating: 9/10

1 comment:

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.