Friday, February 26, 2010

Black Magic Sanction by Kim Harrison


Black Magic Sanction by Kim Harrison
published by EOS
Genre: Adult paranormal
$25.99 (hardcover)

FTC: I bought this book and will not be receiving compensation for reviewing this book

**Note** While I normally review mostly YA, this is an Adult book.

What it's about (from the book sleeve):
Rachel Morgan has fought and hunted vampires, werewolves, bandshees, demons, and other supernatural dangers as both witch and bounty hunter--and lived to tell the tale. But she's never faced off against her own kind...until now. Denounced and shunned for dealing with demons and black magic, her best hope is life imprisonment--at worst, a forced lobotomy and genetic slavery. Only her enemies are strong enough to help her win her freedom, but trust comes hard when it hinges on the unscrupulous tycoon Trent Kalamack, the demon Algaliarept, and an ex-boyfriend turned thief.
It takes a witch to catch a witch, but survival bears a heavy price.

My thoughts:
You can never go wrong with a Kim Harrison book. It is just not possible.

This is the 8th book in Harrison's Hollows series and it is by far the darkest, strangest, most exciting book in the whole series.

Rachel's character always seems to be in so much trouble. The second she finally gets out of a little trouble, she lands in even more. This book is all about Rachel and no one else. I don't think that has ever happened in any of the other books in the series. Rachel's character grows and developes more in this book than she has in all the other books combined.
I love Harrison's writing style. She's very descriptive but in a way that actually makes sense. I am always able to completely picture what all the characters and places look like and what is happening. I can't say that about all the authors I read. Harrison's writing is fun and imaginative. She adds in little things you wouldn't expect characters to say.
This book had everything in it: action, horror, laughter, sorrow, and love. I couldn't have asked for a better book.

my rating: 11/10. Yes, that's right, I loved it that much.

**Side Note** to anyone living around the Portland Oregon area, Kim Harrison will be doing a book signing at the Powells in Beaverton on March 25th. More information on her site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.