Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Review: Entwined

Entwined by Heather Dixon
Published by Greenwillow books
Genre: YA
$17.99 (US Hardback)
472 pages

What it's about:
Azalea is trapped. Just when she should feel that everything is before her...beautiful gowns, dashing suitors, balls filled with dancing... it's taken away. All of it.
The Keeper understands. he's trapped, too, held for centuries within the walls of the palace. And so he extends an invitation.
Every night, Azalea and ehr eleven sisters may step through the enchanted passage in their room to dance in his silver forest.
But there is a cost.
The Keeper likes to keep things.
Azalea may not realize how tangled she is in his web until it is too late.

My thoughts:
The discription of this book doesn't really tell you at all what the book is about. Azalea and her 11 sisters are all princesses. Their mother has died and the whole house is in mourning for a whole year. No going to parties, no going out at all, no visitors, and no sunlight for a whole year. This also means no dancing which is what the girls live for. So every night, they sneaked into the secret passage way to go dance  until everything goes wrong. That about sums it up. Add in some magic, romance, and a little suspense and you have the book.

I don't know how I really feel about this book. It was cute, and I loved the characters, but it kinda dragged on and I had no idea what I was to expect because the discription was so vague. I do feel as if about 100 pages could have  been cut out of this book and it still would have worked.

On the other hand, I really did adore the characters. I loved how there were 12 children, all of which were girls. They were so close and caotic that I could only imagine how crazy being around them would be. And the King? Loved him! At first I was like geesh, what's up his butt? But then when I figured out he does have a soft, nuggety center, I loved him. He's the big papa bear. Who could blame him for being over protective if you have 12 daughters?

While this book was slow, I did actually like it. I'm glad I read it just because I liked the characters and the last 50 pages were pretty awesome. Azalea is such a funny character. Her and all her anger issues. There were a few things that were not explained very well and I would have liked to have seen gone into more detail, but it's not that important. I'm mostly talking about swearing on silver. Is it anything like the unbreakable promise?What happens if you break it??????

My rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.