Monday, March 8, 2010

Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff kinney


Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
published by Amulet Books
217 pages
$4.99 (paperback)

FTC: I did not receive this book from the publisher and will not be compensated for reviewing this book

What it's about:
Being a kid can really stink. And no one knows this better than Greg Heffley, who finds himself thrust into middle school, where undersized weaklings share the hallways with kids who are taller, meaner, and already shaving.
In Diary of a Wimpy Kid, author and illustrator Jeff Kinney introduces us to an unlikely hero. As Greg says in his diary: Just don't expect me to be all "Dear Diary" this and "Dear Diary" that.
Luckily for us, what Greg Heffley says he won't do and what he actually does are two very different things.

My Thoughts:
oh, the days of middle school. How this book brings back so many memories.

<>
With the movie coming out in a week or so, I thought I'd read the book first before I took my babysitting kids to see the movie.

This was by far one of the easiest books I've ever read (duh), but I'm including that with books such as Hop on Pop and The Stinky Cheeseman. This book was hilarious though and found myself laughing out loud during most of the book. The cartoons were by far the funniest part of the book.

The whole thing was a fast and funny read. I'm sure I would have enjoyed it more if I was a lot younger, but I still did enjoy it.

This I am not going to give an actual rating. I'm just going to say that if you know someone in the age range of 7-12, I would recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.