Friday, March 26, 2010

Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs


Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs
published by the Penguin Group
Genre: Adult Paranormal
$7.99 (paperback)

FTC: I will not be receiving compensation for reviewing this book yadda yadda yadda
What it's about from the back of the book:
Under the rule of science, there are no witch burnings allowed, no water trials or public lynchings. In return, the average law-abiding, solid citizen has little to worry about from the things that go bump in the night. Sometimes I wish I was an average citizen...

Mechanic Mercy Thompson has friends in low places--and in dark ones. And now she owes one of them a favor. Since she can shapeshift at will, she agrees to act as some extra muscle when her vampire friend Stefan goes to deliver a message to another of his kind.

But this new vampire is hardly ordinary--and neither is the demon inside of him...

My thoughts:
Even better than the first book! In this one, we learn a lot more about the vampires and how they work. For the most part, the vampires in this story aren't too much different from what most people think of vampires. They are evil, can't be in the sun, drink blood, and so on. While almost all the vampires are evil, there of course is the one vampire who is better than the rest. Yes, that's right, a vampire who seems almost human. His name is Stefan and I do believe that "team Stefan" should be created for these books as well.

Mercy's love triangle becomes a little more tangled as she is trying to decide between the alpha of the local pack, Adam, or her past love, Samuel. In the end there is a nice little twist to her love life.

Oh Mercy, what have you got yourself into?

My rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.