Sunday, February 21, 2010

Gone by Michael Grant


Gone by Michael Grant
published by Harper Teen
Genre: YA
$9.99 (paperback)

FTC: I'm not receiving compensation for reviewing this book

What it's about from the back of the book:
In the blink of an eye. Everyone disappears. GONE. Everyone except for the young. Teens. Middle schoolers. Toddlers. But not a single adult. no teachers, no cops, no doctors, no parents. Gone, too, are the phones, internet, and television. There is no way to get help.

Hunger threatens. Bullies rule. A sinister creature lurks. Animals are mutating. And the teens themselves are changing, developing new talents--unimaginable, dangerous, deadly powers--that grow stronger by the day.

It's a terrifying new world. Sides are being chosen and war is imminent.

The first in a breathtaking saga about teens battling each other and their darkest selves, Gone is a page-turning thriller that will make you look at the world in a whole new way.

My Thoughts:
I can't decide if I like this book or not. I've thought about it and can not fully decide how I feel about it.

Most of the main characters I liked fairly well. This however does not include the best friend, Quinn. This character drove me nuts and most of the time I was hoping something would happen to him. He had his moments, but most of the time he was a frustrating character.

This book was not for the faint of heart. There was violent deaths, babies dying, kids having their arms sawed off, and so on. There was some parts of the book that I actually felt physically nauseous reading it. The book was so intense and horrifying during most parts.

I am extremely curious to why everyone disappeared and why the barrier was put up, but I am afraid that by the end of the book, it took a nasty turn into something I didn't like. While I want to know what happens, I am not willing to read six books (yes, the series is going to be six books long) at over 600 pages per book to find out the answer. I don't know if I will even continue the series past the first book or not.

My rating: 7/10?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.