Thursday, March 27, 2014

Review: Waking Up Pregnant


Waking Up Pregnant by Mira Lyn Kelly
Published by Harlequin Kiss
Genre: Romance
Source: Netgalley
$1.99 (ebook)
224 pages

What it's about:
The night that changed everything!

Waitress Darcy Penn is the smart, sensible type—flirting with the extremely cute guy in the bar just isn't her usual style. As for ending up in his hotel room? Definitely not! Sneaking out while he's in the bathroom to avoid the post-sex awkwardness? Much more like it….

If Darcy had stuck around, Jeff Norton could have told her about their "epic latex fail." So he shouldn't be quite so shocked when months later, Darcy turns up at his classy L.A. office and throws up in his wastepaper basket. She's got a bad case of morning sickness, and she's here to find out what he's going to do about it!


My thoughts:
I don't tend to read romance books very often, but when I do, I want them to be the cheesy, too perfect kind. I want the happy ending. Waking Up Pregnant is definitely that kind of romance, it even tells you that in an author's note before the book.

Going into this book, all I wanted to read was something quick, happy, and nothing I needed to think too hard about or get connected too. I just wanted something fun. That is exactly what I got. From the very beginning, you can guess what is going to happen and how everything is going to go, and still be entertained along the way. Even though Darcy drove me a little crazy at times with her lack of communication, I still thoroughly enjoyed this book.

My rating: 3/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.