Saturday, February 8, 2014

Review: Written in Red


Written in Red by Anne Bishop
Series: The Others #1
Published by NAL
Genre: Adult Urban Fantasy
433 pages
 

What it's about:

As a cassandra sangue, or blood prophet, Meg Corbyn can see the future when her skin is cut—a gift that feels more like a curse. Meg’s Controller keeps her enslaved so he can have full access to her visions. But when she escapes, the only safe place Meg can hide is at the Lakeside Courtyard—a business district operated by the Others.

Shape-shifter Simon Wolfgard is reluctant to hire the stranger who inquires about the Human Liaison job. First, he senses she’s keeping a secret, and second, she doesn’t smell like human prey. Yet a stronger instinct propels him to give Meg the job. And when he learns the truth about Meg and that she’s wanted by the government, he’ll have to decide if she’s worth the fight between humans and the Others that will surely follow.


My thoughts:
This book and I are having a love affair.

This is the first book of Anne Bishop's that I have read, and it won't be my last. Now I am regretting that I had not read her books sooner so I could have had her sign some when I was able to meet her a few months ago. Ack!

This happened to be one of those books that I fell in love with right from the first page. I knew immediately that I was going to love it and could hardly put it down. I even considered calling into work the next day so I could stay up all night reading. I decided against that, but the second I could, I would pick this book back up and start reading again.

There is something about this world that is so captivating. It's unique and dangerous. Humans are not on the top of the food chain and the Others don't understand a thing about humans, just that they are stupid and taste good. There are lots of descriptions of the Others eating humans and yet, you end up really loving them. I don't know how, you just do. It's great.

I don't want to say too much about this book. I wouldn't want to ruin anything for anyone. All I can say is I finished this book about two weeks ago, and I'm already seriously considering rereading it. It's just that good.

My rating: 5/5!

1 comment:

  1. Well dang! More I'm going to have to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.