Monday, July 23, 2012

Review: The Death Cure

The Death Cure by James Dashner
Series: Maze Runner #3
Published by Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Genre: YA dystopian
$17.99 (US hardback)
325 pages


What it's about:

Thomas knows that Wicked can't be trusted, but they say the time for lies is over, that they've collected all they can from the Trials and now must rely on the Gladers, with full memories restored, to help them with their ultimate mission. It's up to the Gladers to complete the blueprint for the cure to the Flare with a final voluntary test.

What Wicked doesn't know is that something's happened that no Trial or Variable could have foreseen. Thomas has remembered far more than they think. And he knows that he can't believe a word of what Wicked says.

The time for lies is over. But the truth is more dangerous than Thomas could ever imagine.
Will anyone survive the Death Cure?



My thoughts:
I feel so cheated by the ending of this book.

I was so addicted to this series. When I finished The Scorch Trials, I didn't hesitate to flip to my menu on my ereader and immediately start with The Death Cure. I had to know what happens. And then for the rest of the book I was so so so tempted to skip to the end and see what happened. I was incredibly anxious. I'm really glad I didn't though, because the ending was HORRIBLE! I finished the book at 2:30am and had to sit there for a minute, thinking about what had just happened. Then when I was trying to sleep, I was fuming over what happened, and all the questions that stayed unanswered, and I couldn't go to sleep. I was just too annoyed.

I was really connected to the characters in this series. Thomas, Teresa, Newt, Minho, and even Brenda. I wanted happy endings for all of them. I wanted all of them to be safe and happy, but James Dashner didn't seem to agree with me on that one.

I was a little scared going into this book because I knew that the ending was a bad one. I have a few friends on Goodreads who gave Maze Runner and Scorch Trials 5 stars, but gave Death Cure 2 stars, so I knew something was up, yet I still got my hopes up for the ending, and then had them squashed.

Even though this ending pisses me off to no end, the series as a whole was fantastic. I would definitely still recommend that everyone who loves Hunger Games and YA dystopians should read this book.

My rating: 7/10

On a side note, did anyone else have a hard time picturing what the Grievers look like? To me they looked like the Daleks and Jabba the Huts love child.


1 comment:

  1. I haven't even read the first book in this series yet but I keep hearing people complain about the way it all ended. I'm so nervous! Sorry you lost sleep over it. I hate that!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.