Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Body Finder


The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
published by Harper Teen
327 pages
$16.99 (hardcover)


FTC: This is my book and I will not be compensated for reviewing it.

What it's about:
Violet Ambrose is grappling with two major issues: Jay Heaton and her morbid secret ability. While the sixteen-year-old is confused by her new feelings for her best friend since childhood, she is more disturbed by her "power" to sense dead bodies--or at least those that have been murdered. Since she was a little girl, she has felt the echoes the dead leave behind in the world...and the imprints that attach to their killers.

Violet has never considered her strange talent to be a gift; it mostly just led her to find dead birds her cat left for her. But now that a serial kkiller is terrorizing her small town, and the echoes of the local girls he's claimed haunt her daily, Violet realizes she might be the only person who can stop him.

Despite his fierce protectiveness over her, Jay reluctantly agrees to help Violet find the murderer--and Violet is unnerved by her hope that Jay's intentions are much more than friendly. But even as she's falling intensely in love, Violet is getting closer and closer to discovering a killer... and becoming his prey herself.


My thoughts:
I immediately fell in love with this book. It brought back so many memories of high school and emotions I also had to deal with. I had butterflies in my stomach during most of the beginning of the story while she is explaining her feelings towards her best friend Jay. The writing really brought out everything and sucked you in.

The characters were fantastic. Violet wasn't one of the typical stupid leading women. For the most part that is. She did some stupid things but she was a believable character. Jay was the best part of this whole book. He was the type of character that made you wish boys like that actually existed and that you were dating one.

The story plot was pretty good if not very creepy. I didn't fully enjoy being in the killers head while he was hunting but if it wasn't for those parts, the story wouldn't have been nearly as creepy or believable.

I don't know what else to say about this book. I absolutely loved it and read it in two sittings. It would have been in one sitting if I didn't have to wake up the next morning.

My rating: 10/10

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great book. I can't wait to pick it up. I'm actually waiting on something similar on pre-order. Its called Minder , and I can't wait. Its so nice to see a genre of YA fiction developing that does not rely on supernatural creatures to provide the drama. Just solid writing.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.