Monday, April 21, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday- Characters that pissed me off

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish


This weeks topic, I'm going to go with characters that pissed me off. I'm going to try and go with non obvious ones, ones you aren't supposed to hate.  Angry posts can always be fun to write and to be honest, they are a lot of fun to read most of the time. Everyone likes a good ol' rant every once in a while. That and I have a lovely little board on Goodreads called "someone needs to be punched" to help me remember which books pissed me off. haha. BTW, feel free to friend me on goodreads. Hopefully this link works clicky clicky to see my Goodreads

These are in no order. Just whatever popped into my head.

1. Mary from Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan:
Okay, I lied, this one is in order for being #1. I HATE MARY. Talk about a selfish bitch. She is willing to sacrifice every single person she knows and loves so that she can see the beach. I mean, I love the beach as much as the next girl, but really? You are going to let everyone you know get attacked by zombies so you can live on the beach? No. No no no no no.

2. Lenah from Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel:
I will never understand why anybody liked this book, honestly. It's been a few years since I've read this book, so my precise reasoning for hating her so much is escaping me. Something about murdering children, being completely selfish. I dunno. But when I think of this book, I just get angry.

3. Ever from Evermore by Alison Noel:
How dumb can this girl get? I mean, really. My friend and I would call her "Ever Stupid" when talking about these books. I know, it's a very clever and sophisticated nickname. Haha.

4. Four in Allegiant by Veronica Roth:
I feel I might get some smack for this one. But I did. I hated him in this book. Everything was his fault. Everything.

5. Nick from Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn:
I'm actually in the middle of this book right now, but I Loath Nick. At one point, he says "this is the point where you will hate me, if you didn't before" and I actually said "well Nick, I did already hate you." He's just so... ugh. Too sneaky, too selfish.

Starting to see my theme of hates? I hate selfish characters.

6. Simon from the Mortal Instruments:
Okay, this isn't a hate, he just annoyed me. I couldn't stand how he treated Clary. Which this one is funny cause I have a dog named after him... it just fit.

7. Nick from The Hollows series by Kim Harrison:
Okay, you are supposed to end up hating him. But oh man, I hate this guy.

8. The Brotherhood in Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood:
This book had me so angry while reading it, I had trouble getting through it.

9. Alcantara in the Isle of Night series by Veronica Wolff:
Stupid vampire.

10. Wendy from Switched by Amanda Hocking:
I couldn't even get through this book because Wendy was just so horrible. Life is too short for bad main characters.

22 comments:

  1. Not sure how I feel about Four being on the list. I've never heard anyone dislike him before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely adored him in Divergent and Insurgent, but in Allegiant, he was just so angry and self loathing that I didn't like being in his head. The last book took away a lot of the love I had for that series :/

      Delete
  2. As much as it pains me, I totally have to agree about Four in Allegiant. As much as I loved him in the other books, I hated him in Allegiant. Just another reason why Allegiant makes me stabby, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the book I pretend just never happened. haha.

      Delete
  3. Also, I am pretty sure we commented on each other's posts at like, the exact same time! That is kind of crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you about Nick Dunn from Gone Girl. Amy pissed me off, more, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm I don't really hate Amy all that much, besides that she puts up with Nick. She has crap taste in men and needs to stand up for herself more.

      Delete
  5. Ahhhhhh Ever! I forgot about her! I wanted to like the series so bad, the premise was SO interesting but she literally did EVERYTHING wrong. Also, I'm glad someone else feels the same way about Simon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally someone else who doesn't like Simon!!! I thought I was the only one out there.

      Yeah, Ever. It shouldn't be possible to mess up that much all the time.

      Delete
  6. You know, I've not read any of these except for TMI (...and I actually shipped Simon for a short period of time. But then he got kinda whiny and playerish)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked him until he started really pressing Clary into a relationship when she obviously didn't want to date him.

      Delete
  7. I have to admit, I did like Four. But Ever? Gah. I couldn't continue with the series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read Allegiant yet, so I can't say that I hate him yet even though I've heard so appalling things. But I do like him in the first two books. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a book that was hard to read. It was ruining the series for me :(

      Delete
  9. bahaha!! heck yes to Ever from Evermore. I could not read any more of those books, that girl was such an idiot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day, I will try and find someone who finished the series and see if Ever became smart(er). But first there would actually have to be someone out there that finished the series. haha.

      Delete
  10. I always felt like such a jerk for disliking Simon in Mortal Instruments, but I totally feel you on that one. So needy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hated Ever too! I never even read the rest of those books because of the simple fact that she was incredibly dense. I was really indifferent to Four in most of Allegiant, but once he and Tris were in the same room I HATED them both.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.