Sunday, December 22, 2013

Review: The Night She Disappeared by April Henry

The Night She Disappeared by April Henry
Published by Square Fish
Genre: YA mystery thriller?
$9.99 (US paperback)
229 pages
 
What it's about:
What if You were the target of a kidnapper, but the kidnapper got the wrong girl?
Gabie drives a Mini Cooper. She also delivers pizzas part-time. One night, Kayla, another delivery girl at Pete's Pizza, goes out with an order and never comes back. To Gabie's horror, she learns that the man who called in the fake pizza order had asked if the girl in the Mini Cooper was working that night. Was Kayla's fate really meant for Gabie? Obsessed with finding Kayla, Gabie teams up with Drew, who also works at Pete's. Together they set out to prove Kayla isn't dead- AND to find her before she is.



My thoughts:
Hmmm. This one I don't really know how I feel about it. It was good, but not great.

I was in the mood for a really quick, single read. And that's what I got. This book is only about 230 pages, in paperback, and with a big font. I could have easily read it in one sitting if I wouldn't have had to get up in the morning.

This book is about a girl who was kidnapped, but she ended up being the wrong girl. It was a really cool plot, but the characters were a little strange. Gabie, the girl who was supposed to be kidnapped, is just odd. I was never able to connect to her. Actually, I never connected to any of the characters. There wasn't a whole lot to them. That is my major issue with this book. I would have loved to have had more character depth. Gabie, Drew, and Kayla were the main characters and the ones that we get an inside view of. And after finishing the book, I still don't know much about them.

And all the unanswered questions!! Oh man, there are so many of them for me. The whole ending just seemed so rushed. If this book was about 70 pages longer and had more to the characters and the epilogue, it would have been a pretty fantastic book.

My rating: 7/10

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like an interesting plot- with the wrong girl getting kidnapped. I like that it is a quick read and overall it sounds good. I enjoyed your review. Thanks for sharing. :)
    ~Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.