Saturday, September 26, 2009

I Heart You, You Haunt Me

At first I was hesitant to pick up "I Heart You, You Haunt Me" by Lisa Schroeder. I had read reviews for it and everyone said that they cried a lot during this book. I tend to cry more than normal anyways when it comes to movies or books, so I didn't know if I wanted to read a book that will make me cry. I'm glad that I didn't let some crying stop me from reading the book.

The book starts out with the funeral of Ava's boyfriend, Jackson. Ava blames herself for the death of Jackson and is trying to find a way to over come her grief and guilt. One day while looking in the bathroom mirror, she sees Jackson. Jackson and Ava learn to communicate by music, temperature changes, in dreams, and if concentrating enough, even hearing each other in their thoughts. Now that Ava has found Jackson again, will she ever be able to let him go?

This book grabbed me from page one and by page two I was already crying. I pretty much cried for the whole hour that it took me to read the book. Having the book be in verse made it even better. It gives the reader enough detail to let us follow the story but not enough to drag it down or make it seem like Ava was complaining throughout the whole book.

"I Heart You, You Haunt Me" was simple, sweet, and beautiful. I would recomend this book to anyone who has ever lost someone they love.

I give the book 81/2 out of 10

1 comment:

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.