Thursday, June 12, 2014

Review: Out of Control by Sarah Alderson


Out of Control by Sarah Alderson
Genre: YA contemporary
Published May 22nd, 2014 Simon and Schuster (UK)
320 pages

What it's about:

When 17 year old Liva witnesses a brutal murder she’s taken into police custody for her own protection. But when the police station is attacked and bullets start flying it becomes clear that Liva is not just a witness, she’s a target.

Together with a car thief called Jay, Liva manages to escape the massacre but now the two of them are alone in New York, trying to outrun and outwit two killers who will stop at nothing to find them.

When you live on the edge, there’s a long way to fall

My thoughts:
I've read a few (and own almost all) of Sarah Alderson's books, so when I saw her post on GRs asking if any bloggers would like to review her new book, I immediately replied with "Me! Me! Pick Me!!!!!!!" because I knew that Out of Control was going to be just as awesome as her other books.

And it was. Of course.

Alderson just throws you right into the book and the action doesn't stop till you hit the end. And wow, what a crazy ride it was.

While I can't relate to the characters too much because I've never been super rich or had a family involved in gangs, I can thoroughly enjoy them. They kept me guessing and I never knew quite what they would do. I love when characters can do that. Keep me on my toes.

If you want a quick, fun read that will keep you on the edge of your seat, I highly recommend this book.

My rating: 4/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! I'm always checking to see if I have any new comments. It's actually pretty sad how often I check for them really. So if there is anything you want to say about a post of mine, please say it! I want feedback :)

As of lately, I'm making the blog a no-award blog. I love getting them and I'm always honored, but I don't have the time to do all the things that are required of them. Sorry :(
Also, my "reply" button does not seem to be working in my comments on my computer. I have to use a different computer to reply back so if I don't reply, it's not because I'm rude, it's just that I can't.